Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Kids Collaborate on Volcanoes

As I worked on my Digital Storytelling workshop movie, I came across the Volcano world web site. Here students can navigate Kids' Volcano Art Gallery. Kids will find volcano drawings done by other young students and have the option to submit their volcano drawing (from their student sheets) to this website. Students could also share their drawings with the rest of the class by giving a presentation or by helping to assemble a class volcano book. I just thought this was a fun way to get elementary kids involved with art, science and collaboration with other kids from other schools!
Diane

3 comments:

Michelle Payne said...

Hi Diane. That is a really cute website. There are many different volcanoes represented, and it looks like kids would have a lot of fun with it!

Misty Rollins said...

This was a really neat site. I have learned that students love to see their artwork posted in the hallway so I am sure they would love to see it on the computer!

Lindsay said...

Its really neat that you posted this. I was just looking at other volcanoe sites earlier. I was just looking at interactive websites and came across some really neat ones. I will add your site to my list.